Slideshow Widget

  • Cochem, Germany 2013 photo Cochem_edited-1.jpg" />
  • Heidelberg, Germany 2013 photo heidelberg_edited-1.jpg" />
  •  photo florence.jpg" />
  • Rome, Italy 2013 photo Rome2.jpg" />
  •  photo florence2.jpg" />
  •  photo Venice.jpg" />

When I Grow Up, I Want To Be...

Friday, November 14, 2014

I am so over being a grown up. It looked like so much more fun than it actually is sometimes.

Today I went into the laundry room three times before I remembered to actually turn the dryer on. And I'm just really grateful that the laundry was fresh and that I didn't have to rewash that load. 

Not that that ever happens around here. 
{{ahem}}

Seriously, that was kind of the highlight of my day - that I finished laundry.

So when I grow up, I want to be 17 year old me.

I was fun and carefree. 
I had just enough freedom (drivers license and a cute ride) but not much responsibility - 
I had to get good grades and occasionally help out around the house, 

but balancing a budget? Nope. 

Making adult decisions? Certainly not. 

Worry about wrinkle cream? Wasn't even a thought.


 Plan a move? Verify insurance coverage? Make sure the dog has had her shots? No, no, and ... well, sometimes I had to take the dog to the vet but someone else made the appointments and paid the bill.

It's a headache, being an adult. I'm over it.

So I'm going to go eat ice cream and watch Clueless.
I'll worry about the calories and have a healthy salad later.
Maybe I'll be uber-responsible and do some yoga.

Because, you know, that's what adults do.

6 Responses to “When I Grow Up, I Want To Be...”

  1. I am with you on this update. I got over being an adult when I realized my parents were getting that much older. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always hard to realize the people you love are aging. Can't we all just be in our 30s and 40s together?

      Delete
  2. *ahem* me neither. Scout's honour... oh wait... no... as you were. I've never been a scout. I think I finally grew up last week, I'm 42. I don't want to be 17 again, I wouldn't mind 30 though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha! Yes, 30 & 31 were good years for me, too; I felt like my life was finally coming together... except that I had to pay my own bills. I strongly dislike paying bills.

      Delete
  3. Brilliant. I generally tell people I'm a life coach as it's probably what they'd understand the most. I'm actually a law of attraction practitioner and EFT master practitioner but most people look blankly when I say that. However the term life coach does imply that I've got this hole living thing sorted and I'm super organized, So not true. I'm just about helping people create the life they want and doing the laundry isn't always part of my lovely ideal day. I actually hung a hole load of washing on the line once before I realized I had't even washed it. Hey, ho. :-) Great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I haven't hung dirty laundry on the line (yet). Or if I did, we didn't notice and it just got put away with everything else. Do you know how great it is to know that even life coaches feel unsorted at times? You're absolutely right- I would have assumed that you guys were always well put together. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete